Crack Sticks Recipe
I made these crack sticks a while back on the blog and everyone who has tried them raves about them, hence the name. I used Texas toast in the ones pictured here but made them a few weeks later with regular bread and both worked great. Use whichever type of bread you have on hand.
Bread filled with cream cheese and rolled in a cinnamon sugar, we call them Crack Sticks because you can't eat just one.
- 1 loaf Texas Toast or regular bread (works also)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup confectionery sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- Melt butter, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the crusts from the bread. With a rolling pin, flatten the bread.
- Mix together the cream cheese, confectionery sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar in a pie plate or something big enough you can roll the rolls in.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on the bread. Dip it in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Good either hot or cold.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?