Raspberry Peach French Toast
French toast is one of my favorite weekend breakfasts. It can be on the table pretty quickly. I usually make it with a thick cut french bread or Texas toast if I can find it. Peaches are at their peak right now and I am taking advantage of them every time I can.
To start get some eggs out of the refrigerator. Break them into a pie pan. Next comes a little milk and a little cinnamon if you like it. Then give that bread a bath in the egg mixture.
I used maple syrup, fresh peach slices and raspberries for the syrup. It was a great combination and one of the best tastes of summer.
Any extra french toast can be frozen. Place it on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Freeze then put it in a plastic freezer bag.
Delicious french toast with a raspberry peach syrup.
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon - optional
- 8 slices of 1 inch thick french bread
- 1 - 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 3 - 4 peaches - sliced and skins removed
- 2 cups raspberries
- To make the syrup add all of the ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Keep on low heat while you make the french toast.
- Mix the eggs together in a pie pan. Add the milk and cinnamon, stir until combined.
- Add the bread slices a few at a time. Flip over.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat with a little of the oil. Add bread slices. Flip when browned. Brown the other side and serve.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?