Egg bread that is rolled into balls, dipped in garlic butter and coated with herbs to make this savory Herbed Monkey Bread
- 1 1/2 packages yeast
- 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cups butter - melted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 – 6 cups flour
- Garlic Butter Dip
- 1/2 butter
- 2 - 4 garlic cloves - minced
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add the sugar and beat well. Add melted butter, milk, hot water and salt. Mix well and add yeast.
- Stir in 1 cup flour and beat until smooth. Add remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead until smooth. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add minced garlic. Remove from heat.
- Chop parsley and dill. Put the sesame seeds and poppy seeds in bowls.
- Grease an angel food pan with cooking spray. Weigh out 1 1/2 lbs. of dough. This is slightly more than half if you don't have a way to weigh it. Cut the dough into walnut sized balls, dip into the butter and then one of the toppings. Put them in the pan. I did 2 rolls of the dough balls. Pour a little of the garlic butter over the top of the rolls. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let set a few minutes after you take it out of the oven. Then very carefully remove the outside rim. I left the bottom on and put it on a wire rack to slightly cool. Remove to your serving dish when read to serve.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?
Pumpkin Stuffing Bread – makes great stuffing or turkey sandwiches!