This is a fabulous side dish to serve when you barbecue. It doesn’t take long to make either as long as you pre-boil your potatoes. Grill the potatoes quickly before you start to grill and then let the salad marinade in it’s tasty dressing. Serve at room temperature. This is a salad that is best at room temperature. Let it set out at least 30 minutes before serving.
I used a mix of baby potatoes in this recipe, white, red and purple. You can leave the skins on if desired. Did you know that purple potatoes are full of additional vitamins and minerals not found in white potatoes? They are full of flavor, starchy, dry and sometimes even have a nutty flavor. They are usually sold as baby potatoes but can make an excellent baked potato as well.
- 2 lbs. baby potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 sweet mini peppers
- 2 stalks celery
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 - 4 tablespoons fresh parsley - chopped
- Parboil the potatoes until almost tender. Cool. Cut into big bite size pieces.
- Cut the peppers, onions and celery into bite size pieces. Add to the potatoes. Add the salt and pepper. Toss with the olive oil.
- Spray a wire bbq basket with cooking spray. Dump the potato mixture in. Grill for 10 - 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- While the potatoes are cooking mix up the dressing ingredients.
- Dump potatoes into a big bowl. Add about half of the dressing to the potatoes. Toss to combine. Let set for 30 minutes before serving. Add more dressing right before serving.