Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
We had Easter a week early and this was the other dessert I made to serve with the Peeps Bunny Cake I made. It is a version of the New York Cheesecake that I make with the addition of a small bag of oreo cookies.
Oreo Cheesecake is rich, smooth and creamy with an oreo crust and topping.
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 23 Oreos, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter - melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 14 Oreo cookies - coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Process cookies for crust in a food processor. Melt butter. Add to crumbs. Dump into a 10 inch springform pan. Press down on bottom of pan and about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
- To make filling:
- Put the cream cheese into a mixer bowl. Whip at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and turn the mixer down to low. Mix until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time. Wait to add the next egg until the previous one is thoroughly mixed in. Add the salt, vanilla and sour cream.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Top with about 8 of the remaining Oreo cookies. Add remaining batter and the remaining Oreos.
- Bake at 325 degrees for one hour. Place a pan with boiling water under the cheesecake to provide some steam in the oven. The cheesecake will be done when it jiggles slightly in the middle when the pan is gently shaken. If it is too jiggly and not slightly risen in the center bake another 15 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let set for about 5 minutes. Take a sharp knife and run it around the outside of the cheesecake. Do not loosen pan. Put cheesecake back in oven with the door cracked to let cool. Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.