Almost Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets Recipe
This is my favorite chicken nugget recipe, it is so good! I’d say you would want to slap someone but really don’t know what that means. Have you ever wondered how some sayings get started? This is one of those. Who want to hit their mama just because something tastes so good? I would think you’d want to hug her. Regardless of the saying I hope you try this recipe it is truly good….
Yes, this recipe has confectioner’s sugar in it, I can see by the comments that surprises some of you. I honestly think it might be one of the reasons this Almost Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets recipe tastes so good. If it bothers you cut the amount in half but I wouldn’t leave it out.
Almost Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets are lightly battered chicken breast nuggets that will surely become a family favorite for you.
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (can be omitted)
- peanut oil or canola oil
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg and stir in the milk. Trim any fat away from chicken. Cube chicken into bite size pieces. Place chicken in milk mixture and cover. Let it 'marinate' for 2-4 hours in the fridge.
- In a gallon size resealable baggie combine flour, powdered sugar, salt and pepper. Seal and shake to combine.
- Place about 2 inches of oil in a medium deep pot. Over medium high heat heat oil until hot. If using a thermometer let the temperature reach 375°.
- Remove cut chicken from milk mixture and place in the flour mixture. Seal and shake until nuggets are completely coated. Place about a 6-8 nuggets into hot oil and let them cook until golden brown, turning half way through once the edge of your chicken starts to turn white. About a couple of minutes on each side. Drain on a paper towel. Repeat until all nuggets are cooked.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.