I made these yesterday and shared them with friends. Everyone loved them! These are good hot from the oven or at room temperature. You could even make them in a mini muffin tin if desired as appetizers.
Blanching broccoli is so easy. It is perfect for setting the bright green color of the broccoli. Bring a pan of water with a teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add the broccoli. When the water comes back to a boil, pour the broccoli into a strainer. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
Baked Cheesy Broccoli Cups are full of broccoli, cheddar cheese and panko with a hint of garlic.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- 3 crowns broccoli or 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs - beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cream
- Saute the onions and garlic in the butter until translucent.
- Blanch broccoli if using fresh. Put defrosted broccoli in a strainer for 30 minutes (longer if still frozen) in the sink. Blot well and put on a cutting board to chop the broccoli into smaller pieces.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl, add cream. Add breadcrumbs, cheeses, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add broccoli and onion mixture. Mix well.
- Spray a cupcake pan with cooking spray. Fill the cupcake tins full, dividing the mixture between the 12 cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes. Bake until browned and crispy around the edges.