Roasted Potatoes Medley with Cranberries and Pecans
Hi, my name is Kristin and I blog over at Dizzy Busy and Hungry! My blog is all about easy, healthy, and family-friendly food and how to fit it all in to today’s busy schedules. I am excited to be participating in this blog swap meet today! Many thanks to Mary Ellen for swapping with me. Her post on Mini Pecan Pie Muffins is on my blog, and my post is on her blog! We hope that our wonderful readers will enjoy this little variation from our regular postings!
The theme for our swap today is “Harvest Dishes”. As I was deciding what recipe to put together for this post, my thoughts turned to sweet potatoes and cranberries and nuts. Those foods definitely make me think of autumn. So I decided to put together a dish incorporating those ingredients that would go well as a side dish for a Thanksgiving meal, or just about any fall or winter holiday meal!
This potato medley turned out wonderfully. The potatoes were slightly crispy on the outside, and nice and tender on the inside. The garlic salt and the cranberries played perfectly off one another, with just the right amount of saltiness and sweetness combined in each bite. The pecans added a nice crunch, and the parsley contributed some color as well as another layer of savory flavor. I couldn’t have been happier with the result! And the entire family concurred, even my picky younger son, as they all gobbled this up and asked if I would be making it for our Thanksgiving dinner later in the month!
Thanks again to Mary Ellen for swapping posts with me! Please feel free to stop by my blog (Dizzy Busy and Hungry) and see what else I have cooked up lately!
Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!
Below the collage are links to all of the posts that participated in our Blog Swap Meet: Harvest Recipes!
Stop by and visit them all!
That’s My Home posted on Dizzy Busy and Hungry!
Dizzy Busy and Hungry! posted on That’s My Home
Sweet potatoes, white potatoes, red potatoes and red onions all roasted in garlic with olive oil tossed with dried cranberries and pecans all make up this wonderful Roasted Potatoes Medley.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 russet potatoes
- 3 red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C)
- Wash and slice the potatoes into approximately 1 inch cubes. (No need to peel them.) Place the cubes in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the garlic salt and onion powder, and toss to coat.
- For easy cleanup, line two baking sheets with non-stick foil. Distribute half of the potato mixture in a single layer on each.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the red onion on the baking sheets, and bake about 15 more minutes.
- Potatoes are done when they are tender and showing browning. You can bake until they are browned to your liking.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl, add cranberries, parsley, and pecans, and toss to combine.