I made this a few weeks ago and forgot to post it. This is so easy to do and you can change it as you want depending on what you have. This will work with either zucchini, summer squash or both, Add some onions if desired. Just layer it all in your dish, add the spices, then top with panko and parmesan (feta cheese would be real good too). It bakes in about 30 minutes. This is about as versatile as a side dish gets.
This might be one of the easiest side dishes you’ll make all summer. Once you make it you might even welcome those zucchini the neighbor brings over!
Zucchini and tomatoes topped with Italian spices, topped with parmesan cheese and panko.
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 tomatoes - seeded and skins removed
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the zucchini into rounds. Place in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray standing up.
- Remove the skins from the tomatoes by putting them in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Run tomatoes under cold water. Remove skins. Cut tomatoes in half and gently squeeze out the seeds. Dice the tomatoes and scatter over the zucchini.
- Sprinkle the Italian spices over the top and the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the parmesan and panko over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the top is browned and zucchini bubbly.