Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
This is perhaps one of my favorite cookies and for sure my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Instead of regular chocolate chips I used mini chocolate chips in them and every bite is filled with chocolaty goodness.
These cookies pack really well and are one of the moistest chocolate chip cookie bars you will ever eat. This is such an easy recipe it is perfect to do with the kids. The best thing I think is because it is a bar cookie they can help spread it in the pan and don’t have to do individual cookies where there is a risk they could get burned.
Chocolate Chip Blondies are a moist, bar cookie full of chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 pound light brown sugar (2 cups firmly packed)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch-by-12-inch baking pan well with butter. Set the pan aside.
- Add the butter and the brown sugar to a mixing bowl. Stir well. Add eggs and blend in. Add the baking powder, salt and vanilla extract, stirring until completely incorporated. Stir in the flour, again stirring until it is well mixed. The batter will be very stiff.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Spread the batter in the greased pan. The batter will be stiff and sticky. You may have to spread it to the edges of the pan with the back of a spoon, but don't worry too much about getting it exactly even, as the batter will spread as it bakes.
- Bake until the top begins to get golden brown and the blondies just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 - 35 minutes. (Baking time will vary depending on your oven and the type of pan.) Do not overbake! Cool for at least 20 minutes, and cut into small squares.
Maybe you’d like to try our?