Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars Recipe
One of the best things so far about living in Florida is the nearby strawberry farm. I have been going every week since I got here. I am loving living here, one of my oldest best friends lives here with her husband and family, there is something so far going on every weekend to go to, and for the first time in many years the only person I am responsible for is me! I know that might sound a little selfish but I feel so much lighter having made this move.
I think you are going to love this recipe as much as we did. it is full of fresh strawberry flavor! The sour cream filling is lovely in it too! I have been using so much cream cheese as a filling I forgot how much lighter sour cream can be used in it’s place. The one tip I want to share with you is to be sure to use the parchment paper with this recipe. (Foil should work also) I am speaking from experience here as I did not and I had one heck of a time getting it out of the dish which is why you are seeing only a picture before I cut it. Trust me here and use it, you will thank me. LOL.
Since I made so many strawberry recipes in the last week, 4 in all, I decided to do a round up for you with all of them and some others I did in the past. Spring is on it’s way and I know all of my friends in the north are waiting for strawberry season after the wicked winter they have all had. Frozen Strawberry Cream Pie
Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Bars – Recipe below
Plus a few others not pictures
Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars are so delicious you will be making these again and again. Between the layers of buttery crust you have a delicious strawberry and a sour cream layer. So yummy!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Make the strawberry filling
- Add the chopped strawberries and sugar to a saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Blend together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to the strawberries. Stir until it is completely blended in and mixture is thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment paper. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- To make the crust, add the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt to your food processor work bowl. Add the melted butter while the machine is running. Dough should be crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crust mixture. Press the remaining crust mixture in the bottom of your prepared pan.
- To make the sour cream filling, mix together the sour cream, sugar, egg, vanilla and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Spread the cooled strawberry mixture over the crust. Dollop the sour cream mixture on top. With a knife swirl the 2 together gently.
- Add the nuts to the remaining crust mixture. Sprinkle on top of the strawberry mixture.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and serve into squares.