Mango Salsa Hot Dogs
I had never thought about putting a fruit salsa on a hot dog and wasn’t sure how they would be but let me tell you this is my favorite way other than my uncle’s chili dogs to eat a hot dog. We also had some Hibiscus Tea Cocktails for dinner. They were so good and you didn’t even taste the tequila in them despite there being 2 oz. in each one. We all loved them but 2 was our limit.
Isn’t it a beautiful Salsa? My friends husband, Alex was watching the food network and found both recipes there.
- 1/2 pineapple cut into bite size pieces
- 1 mango cut into bite size pieces
- 1 jalapeno - diced small (seeds optional)
- 1 red chili pepper - diced small
- 1/2 medium red onion - diced small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup pickle relish
- salt and pepper
- Add the pineapple and mango to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until mixed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Adapted from Guy Ferrari. He grilled the pineapple and mango to get grill marks on the fruit. We also used canned pineapple.