Need something quick and easy? Want something a little fancy? These peach dumplings may just be what you’re looking for.
These are one of my favorite peach desserts. The peaches hold their shape and the brown sugar cinnamon mixture bakes right into the peaches and gives them a light caramel flavor. If desired you could serve these with some warm caramel sauce.
Beautiful fresh peaches in a crispy puff pastry filled with a brown sugar cinnamon butter.
- 4 peaches
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Bring a pan of water to a boil. Put the peaches in the water and bring the water back to a boil. Leave in 1 minute once the water is boiling. Drain the peaches and run cold water over them. Remove the skins with a paring knife.
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet with a little flour. Cut 6 - 7 inch circles of dough depending on the size of your peaches. (a bowl will work to cut around) You will get 2 circles out of each piece of pastry.
- Cut each peach in half and remove the pit. Put a spoonful of the brown sugar mixture in the peach cavity. Put the other half back on the peach. Cut some leaves with a paring knife out of the scraps. Use the blade of the knife to make some leaf impressions on the dough.
- Set the peach on the puff pastry circle. Pull the dough up over the peach and twist together at the top to form a stem. Pinch the sides together. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Mix the egg in a small bowl. Brush the egg on the dough. Place several leaves on top by the stem. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes. Serve while warm.
Serve with warm caramel sauce if desired.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?