Frozen Strawberry Cream Pie Recipe
It is strawberry season here in sunny Florida and I love going to the strawberry farm that is only a few miles away. Yesterday I bought a flat of them so that I could take advantage of their wonderful flavor. There is nothing better than strawberries picked ripe instead of like the ones we usually get at the grocery store which are totally devoid usually of any strawberry flavor.
My Aunt Punky used to make a strawberry pie when I was young that I loved. Over the years I have tried to recreate what I remember because apparently I am one of the few who remember this pie. I still don’t think this is it but I am getting closer. For some reason I think her pie might of had lemon jello in it. Regardless, this pie is delicious and I will surely be making it again. It almost has an ice cream consistency and flavor. You could also make this pie with a graham cracker crust.
Frozen Strawberry Cream Pie is made with 5 ingredients and goes together in less than 10 minutes for a fast and easy strawberry dessert.
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries - mashed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream - whipped
- 1 pie crust - baked
- Mash the strawberries. Add the condensed milk, jam, and lemon juice. Mix together until thoroughly mixed.
- Whip the heavy cream until it holds soft peaks. Fold into the strawberry mixture until combined. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Put in freezer for at least 5 hours. Take out of freezer 20 minutes before serving. Serve with additional mashed sweetened berries if desired.