Sweet and Sour Easy Cucumber Salad Recipe
A few weeks ago I was out at a seafood restaurant and one of the choices for side dishes was a cucumber salad. It was thin slices of cucumber, much thinner than the ones here but my mandolin wouldn’t cut them that thin so I went with this instead. My friend who was with me that day had the cucumber salad as a side to. It just so happened she came over for dinner the night I made these. We both decided we liked the salad better this way even though we loved the restaurants dish. I added the dill to it as I had just gone and picked a bunch of fresh herbs.
Cucumbers and onions in a sweet sour dressing. Refreshing salad that is so easy to make.
- 2 cucumbers - thinly sliced
- 1 small onion - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Slice the cucumbers and onions thin.
- Add the water, vinegar and sugar to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Pour over the cucumbers and onions. Add the dill, salt and pepper.
- Stir the cucumbers until mixed with the dressing. Stir several times before serving. Let chill for at least 2 hours before serving.