This is comfort food in a bowl. It is full of ground beef, potatoes, carrots, onions and cheese. It is like a cheeseburger only as a soup. I have a crockpot recipe for Crock Pot Cheeseburger Casserole that does too. In fact, it is one of my favorite crock pot recipes.
Today for me was all about taking pictures. I try to cook a bunch of things one day and photograph them the next day. Taking the pictures and editing them to me is harder than cooking. Cooking comes naturally for me and the photos I have to really work at. When I look back at what I thought was decent pictures at the time it makes me want to rush in the kitchen and remake that recipe so I can at least get one decent picture with the recipe. I also thought little was good too back then. You couldn’t even really tell what it was. I guess what I’m trying to get across is sometimes the best recipes have awful pictures. But because we eat with our eyes you just might pass it up.
Often when I see a picture the next thing I do is check the date and if it’s a couple of years old, my guess is like me they had no idea how to take pictures of food. There is a real learning curve to it. I remember when I first started submitting to photo sites that I got rejection after rejection. I think more than 30 before they accepted my first one. However, that was a good thing because it challenged me to get better. I’m still trying! So if you’re in doubt when you look at the picture, look at the recipe and if it sounds right to you, try it! Or ask some questions in the comments if you need more information.
You could also make this soup in the crock pot, I’d brown the beef first and then just add everything but the cheese, milk, flour and water to it. Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 on low. At the end stir in the cheese, flour and water. When that is melted add the milk. You’re also going to see I used Simply Potatoes for the potatoes in this recipe. I really like their texture in the soup when it is finished. They’re not going to melt away in this soup. Also you won’t have to peel potatoes and cut them up. I also like the spices and garlic these potatoes have, they add the perfect amount of flavor.
This is comfort soup in a bowl.This soup will remind you of eating a cheeseburger.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups chicken or beef stock
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes Garlic and Herb Hash Browns
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese plus more for garnish
- Brown the ground beef in a Dutch oven. Add the onions and stir until translucent and starting to brown.
- Add the carrots, celery, potatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper.Cover loosely and let cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix together the flour and water. Stir into the soup. Stir until it thickens.
- Add the cheese. When the cheese is melted add the milk. Do not let the soup come back to a boil.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?