Caramel Salted Corn Chex and Graham Cracker Pretzel Chocolate Toffee
Here’s another easy gift from your kitchen you can make for holiday gift giving, I bet once you start eating it you can’t stop. I put it in a bag and left it on the counter. Every time I walked by I grabbed a handful so I decided to put it n the cupboard so I would stay out of it and I’ve never been a cereal eater. The corn chex cereal is lightly coated with a coating of caramel candy and a sprinkling of sea salt. You don’t need a candy thermometer to make this candy coating either. It basically will finish in the oven to make sure all of cereal gets coated with the caramel. I would think you could add some nuts if you wanted also, I would swap out a cup or two of the cereal for the nuts.
Caramel Salted Corn Chex is corn chex coated in a caramel candy coating and a touch of salt. It's the snack you can't stop eating!
- 10 cups corn chex cereal
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, not table salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add brown sugar and corn syrup to pan bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Take off the heat and add vanilla and baking soda.
- Put the cereal in a large bowl. Pour the caramel mixture over the cereal. Stir lightly to keep from breaking the cereal. Pour onto a greased baking sheet or lined with parchment. Spread out evenly. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir again to try and evenly coat all of the cereal. Bake 5 more minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Caramel Salted Corn Chex