Marshmallow Treats Leprechaun Balls Recipe
I have been busy making different dessert recipes for St. Patrick’s Day. Chocolate Mint Cupcakes, Shamrock Marshmallows and now some Leprechaun Balls. These are made using Lucky Charms cereal using the regular marshmallow treat recipe.
The oat cereal is really good done this way. I would say they are best when first made. Make sure to put them in a air tight container to store them.
Want to make some Lucky Shamrock Marshmallows? They are so good! Go to Fun Irish Desserts to see this post I made as a contributor to The NY Melrose Family.
Marshmallow Treats Leprechaun Balls are made with the regular marshmallow treats recipe except using Magic Lucky Charms cereal.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Magic Lucky Charms cereal
- 4 - 6 drops green food coloring
- Melt butter in a large pan. Add marshmallows and stir until the are melted over medium heat.
- Add the food coloring and stir until completely mixed in.
- Add the cereal. Dump the mixture out onto parchment paper. Let it cool just enough where you can touch the mixture. Scoop out into rough balls. Let cool until you get them all scooped into balls. Then form them into balls pressed the oat cereal together.