Welcome to day 13 of the 14 Days of Valentine’s from The Princess and Her Cowboys! I agreed to participate in this before I moved thinking I had plenty of time to get a Valentine’s Day post done before that happened. Well you know how time sometimes gets away from you? That is exactly what happened here to me. I want to thank Brittany for her patience as I am sure she didn’t think I was going to get anything done, but I did. Yep, it surprised me too! Everything that could go wrong did and that includes an oven and stovetop that both need to be replaced. The good news is if you need a last minute Valentine treat for your loved one that can be done really quickly, I have it here. 15 minutes is all you need and a few ingredients.
Be My Valentine’s Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe
I made a simple Valentine’s Day Popcorn recipe for you today when you need something fast, simple and at the last minute. You can make this recipe in about 15 minutes and it is so good no one will guess how easy it was. It all starts with a bag of microwave popcorn, a few pretzels (or cereal, something with crunch) and some Valentine candies of your choice. Be sure when you add the popcorn to the bowl to remove any kernels that did not pop.
Thanks so much to Brittany at The Princess & Her Cowboys for doing this great round up of Valentine’s Day posts!
Popcorn covered in a marshmallow coating with pretzels and Valentine's Candy.
- 1 large bag microwave popcorn
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Valentine candy
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 15 large marshmallows
- Pop the popcorn and pour into a bowl. Add the pretzels.
- In a saucepan combine the brown sugar and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add the marshmallows and stir over low heat until melted. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn. Stir until the popcorn is coated.
- Stir in the Valentine Candy. Let cool.