Banana Bundt Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
I had bananas to use up and decided to do a banana bundt cake with buttermilk, see there’s that buttermilk again. To use all of the cake batter you need a bigger bundt pan than the one I used here. I had about 1/3 of the batter left after filling the bundt pan so decided to make mini cupcakes, I got 16 so you can tell this recipe makes a large cake.
You need really ripe bananas for this cake, the ones no one will eat. They are so sweet when like this but aren’t really good for eating at this point. It took about 3 bananas to get the 1 1/2 cups.
Tender and light Banana Bundt Cake topped with Peanut Butter Frosting and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed and ripe
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 - 4 tablespoons milk
- peanut butter cups - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine sugars, butter and oil. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add the buttermilk and mashed bananas.
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the above mixture. Mix until very well combined.
- Pour the batter in the bundt pan, about 2/3 full. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Combine the sugar and peanut butter together in a mixing bowl fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat together until it is thoroughly combined. Add the confectioners sugar and 3 tablespoons of the milk. Add more milk if needed to the frosting mix and beat until it gets fluffy, about 3 - 5 minutes. Put the frosting into a pastry bag and pie the frosting onto the top of the cupcakes.
- Chop some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, sprinkle on top.
- Note: Depending on the bundt pan you use if you use the smaller one like I did you will need all of this frosting to do cupcakes also. If not and you do it this cake all in just a bundt pan I would halve the recipe.