A few years ago I saw a picture for these cute cupcakes and stored it away to make some time. That day was yesterday, finally. LOL They are so easy to make and I bet the kids would love to help you make them. I used a lemon box cake mix and made it according to package directions. Then I whipped up my favorite buttercream frosting and tinted it yellow. So what are the rays of the sun made from? In this case mini chuckles candies. You could also use large gumdrops but I couldn’t find them. You are going to flatten them with a rolling pin and cut out little flags to go around the edge of the cupcakes. I used a black gel for the sunglasses. I found the hole was too large so I used a toothpick to draw on the glasses. The mouths were just a piece of trim left from making the flags.
Kissed By the Sun Cupcakes start with a box cake mix and decorated with gumdrops or chuckles.
- I box cupcakes made according to package directions
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- dash salt
- about 4 tablespoons milk - add more if needed
- yellow food coloring
- Chuckles or gumdrops - orange, yellow, red
- black gel in tube
- Bake cupcakes, cool.
- Add the butter and confectioner's sugar to a mixer bowl. With the whisk attachment beat until combined. Add salt and milk. Beat until frosting is light and fluffy. Tint yellow with food coloring.
- Put some sugar on a cutting board. With a rolling pin flatten the candy. Cut into flags.