I was compensated by Fleischmann’s® Yeast for this post. All opinions are mine.
Gourmet Hawaiian Pizza
Have you tried a Gourmet Hawaiian Pizza? It is salty, sweet and cheesy all at the same time. Whenever I make a ham a bonus is I know I am going to make this pizza. If I get a craving for it which has been known to happen a trip to the deli and 1/3 lb. ham later, I am all set to go. I use canned pineapple for it but fresh will also work.
One thing I especially love about this pizza is because the meat used on it is ham it is so lean that this pizza is a pretty healthy one. I also used a reduced calorie mozzarella cheese.
Have you tried Fleischmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast yet? It is fast and so easy to use. This dough can also be used right away without any raising time. You can make your pizza dough thick, thin or even whole wheat using this yeast. Add a few herbs (up to 2 teaspoons) to flavor the dough if desired. The recipe I’m using here is Fleischmann’s Master Dough recipe.
Here’s my pizza ready to go in the oven. 15 minutes until dinner! You can make your own delicious pizza in the time it gets for that half warm take out pizza to get to your door. Making homemade pizzas is a great thing to do with the kids too. They love to get their hands in the dough. Teach them to make the dough while you cut up the toppings. One thing I learned is that when you let your children help in the kitchen they will say some of the darnedest things. A great thing to do would be to have a pizza and movie night with the kids or significant other every month. It would be a great way to start a new family tradition. You could even let everyone do individual pizzas.
I remember growing up when we got to go out to a pizza restaurant named Rocco’s. I grew up in a small town and getting to go out to eat was a big deal. Rocco would be in his kitchen behind a glass wall and throw the pizza crusts into the air. It is a more common now to see this done but 50 years ago not so much. When it got to the right size he would stretch it out into a pan and quickly add the toppings to it. I loved watching him and it brings back happy memories as I think about it.
To help with what size you can make the pizza with this dough recipe, you will get:
Pizza Dough fits the following pans:
– 1 (15 x 10-inch) baking pan
– 1 (13 x 9-inch) baking pan
– 1 (14-inch) or 2 (9-inch) deep-dish pan(s)
– For individual pizzas, shape dough into 6 or 8 (7-inch) rounds and place on 2 greased baking sheets.
Quick and easy Hawaiian Pizza with ham, pineapple, sweet peppers and green onions.
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 lb. ham
- 1 can pineapple chunks or tidbits
- 2 sweet peppers
- 2 green onions
- 2 cups reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce
- Add 2 cups flour, yeast, salt, water and oil to a mixing bowl. Mix together. Add enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead the dough about 5 minutes.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Place dough in center of pan and pat out to the edges.
- Top with pizza sauce. Then add half of the ham.
- Top with cheese. Then add remaining ham.
- Top with the pineapple, peppers and green onions.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 - 14 minutes. Let set a few minutes before cutting.
Maybe you’d like to try?